What caught my attention about Adore Organic Innovation products is the ingredients of their products….
According to Wikipedia: “Plant stem cells serve as the origin of plant vitality, as they maintain themselves while providing a steady supply of precursor cells to form differentiated tissues and organs in plants.” These are mainly obtained from plants and fruits and, in theory, applying a product that contains plant stem-cell extracts, may encourage the growth of your skin’s own stem cells and possibly trigger cell renewal, which is the main cause of aging of our skin.
Now, I’m no scientist, but choosing organic, plant based ingredients over artificial chemicals, most of us would agree, is actually a no-brainer, and yet I know I’m 100% guilty of making the wrong choices… over and over.
WHAT I GOT INSIDE THE KIT…
The Adore CELLMAX Kit contains 3 products:
- Claimed ingredients: extracts of chamomile, linden blossom and other all-natural flora
- Claimed ingredients: extracts of chamomile, linden blossom, other all-natural flora and Allantoin.
3. Superior Supplement Facial Thermal Mask
- Claimed ingredients: Plant Stem Cell formula enriched with extracts of chamomile, linden blossom, other all-natural ingredients and Vitamin E.
So this is how I have personally been using this Kit:
- In the morning – after washing my face with Avéne Thermal Water cleanser, and before applying my makeup, I applied exactly 2 pumps of Adore CellMax Elite Facial Serum
- At night – after removing my makeup and cleansing with my Clarisonic Mia and Avéne Thermal Water cleanser, I applied a tea spoon sized amount of Adore CellMax Redefining Facial Cream.
- Twice a month, during my Pamper Evening, I applied a generous amount of the Adore CellMax Superior Supplement Facial Thermal Mask, to cover my entire face. On these evenings I skipped the Redefining Facial Cream and let the Mask sit for the entire night.
REGARDING THE RESULTS I GOT, I CAN TELL YOU THAT…
These were my notes on first impressions:
- Smell – Adore CellMax Elite Facial Serum has an amazing yet subtle floral scent.
- Allergies and Breakouts: This was my biggest fear due to my sensitive skin. Fortunately, I experienced no allergies, no redness and no breakouts.
- Texture – The serum’s texture is light to medium and in my opinion, perfect as a makeup primer. It reminded me very much of the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation primer.
- Skin Felt – After applying, it felt velvety and I was able to glide my foundation on, way easier than on top of my naked dry skin.
- Smell – Soft Chamomile scent
- Texture – Medium to light and has small golden balls
- Allergies and Breakouts? – None
- Skin felt: Refreshed and soothed
- Smell – Soft Ocean scent
- Texture – Thick and oily. Spreads easily and gently self warms to the touch.
- Allergies and Breakouts? – None. Again, I was originally very concerned about this, specially with this being a self warmed mask, I feared this was going to cause my redness to come back. But it didn’t AT ALL. The warmth was actually very relaxing.
- Skin felt: After 1st use my skin felt soothed, highly moisturized and pampered.
After consistently using the Kit at least 3 times a week for 1 month I noticed:
- My dry skin remained moisturized and with a subtle glow most of the day.
- The mornings after using the Facial Thermal Mask, my skin feels so smooth, I’m tempted to skip the serum. But I have decided to stick to the routine for optimum results.
- Allergies, Redness and Breakouts? – Still none.
After 9 months of regular use of the Adore CELLMAX Kit in my skin care routine, I see:
- Skin – Has improved, particularly I believe it has helped me reduce dryness and tightness. I have also noticed a more even skin tone and don’t feel as self conscious without foundation on.
- Still no allergies, redness or breakouts
- Product seems to be performing as well as the 1st day and has kept the same texture and scent.
- Packaging hasn’t deteriorated.
- Regarding wrinkle reduction: At my age, I still can’t complain much about wrinkles, with the exception of a couple of very thin line expressions around my eyes, when I smile. And since this kit didn’t include an eye-cream, I’m not the best one to judge on this point. I can point out though, I have a feeling that my skin’s overall elasticity has improved. So I suspect this kit does help slow down my skin’s natural aging process. I believe this to be specially true because it has noticeably help me balance my skin’s dryness, which is one of the main causes of wrinkles.
NOW, before jumping into any conclusions, here’s a couple of things to consider:
- You don’t necessarily have to get the entire kit. The items can be bought separately at AdoreCosmetics.com . For example, if I had oily skin, I don’t think I would need the Superior Supplement Facial Thermal Mask. I would most likely just buy the serum, and maybe use the Redefining Facial Cream as a mask twice a month. On the other hand, if you have super dry skin like me, I would suggest at the very least you get the Thermal Mask, and use it once a week. And if you still can spend a bit more, then go get the serum for every day hydration.
- You really don’t need to use much of the product on each application. I’ve been using the Kit for almost a year, 9 months to be precise, and I still have some product left. A little really does go a long way. So, if you make sure not to waste any of it, this may actually be a once a year investment.
- Adore may sometimes offer free samples, discounts and giveaways on Twitter. Even with the above in mind, the Adore CELLMAX Kit or its individual products, may still not be affordable for many of us. If that’s your case, I suggest you follow Adore Organics Twitter account, where the brand occasionally hosts giveaways, sometimes offers small free samples and frequently tweets incredible DISCOUNT CODES! Stay tuned, hopefully you can give it a try for less!
What are your thoughts on Stem Plant Cell based skincare products?
|Subscribe by Email:|